Sierra Vista, established in 1999 and remodeled in 2006, is a unique 24-bed, fully licensed, assisted living residence that specializes in caring for people with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
Located in historical Santa Fe, where picturesque mountain views complement the rustic, rural setting of our ranch-style home, Sierra Vista has the perfect setting for our innovative, non-clinical approach to Elder care.
Our home was founded on the belief that providing personal care in a loving, residential setting will offer greater independence, choices, individuality and self-esteem to our elders.
Here, companionship, peace of mind and comfort are constants in every day life. Sierra Vista is truly a place to call home, where Elders can find the perfect balance of freedom and security through a full range of individualized services.
Sierra Vista is a member of the New Mexico Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association, New Mexico Association for Continuity of Care, New Mexico Health Care Association, Assisted Living Facilities Association and Health Advisory Council, City of Santa Fe Senior Services Division. Sierra Vista also serves as the Memory Walk Santa Fe headquarters.
Sierra Vista has also received numerous awards and are proud members of several organizations including:
- 2016 – Members of Argentum, Expanding Senior Living
- 2016 – Ruth Dennis, our Social Services Director, is a speaker at The Eden Alternative International Conference
- 2015 – Proud members of Santa Fe Doorways, Santa Fe Soul, Assisted Living Federation of America, American Art Therapy Association, American Health Care Association, National Center for Assisted Living, and New Mexico Health Care Association
- 2014 – Proud sponsors of the Walk to End Alzheimer’s for the past decade.
- 2013 – Sierra achieved Milestone 2 in the path to mastery of the Eden Alternative ®
- 2010 – First and only Assisted Living Home to be added to the Eden Alternative Registry ®. www.edenalt.com
- 2003 State Professional Care Giver of the Year Award, New Mexico Chapter of Alzheimer’s Association
- 2002 State Rookie of the Year Award, New Mexico Health Care Association
- 2002 State Support Services Award, New Mexico Health Care Association
- 2001 Regional Customer Satisfaction Award, New Mexico Health Care Association
- 2001 Regional Special Recognition Award, New Mexico Health Care Association